I present you today a quick and simple refashion of a checkered shirt that showed signs of fatigue at the collar.
I started by cutting the sleeves in three and stitching together the 1st with the 3rd part leaving the slit of the cuffs outside. Result, the sleeves are shortened, to the right size for me, and I got a few creases that make them slightly puffy.
In the second part of the sleeves that was not stitched, I cut out rectangles, then put them end to end to form a cord that I then turned into ruffles.
I removed the collar of the shirt and part of the neckline, and sewed the ruffles obtained in the previous step on the new neckline. If I had measured more carefully my cut, I could have stopped here, but as I was generous with my scissors, the neckline was too deep and too wide.
So, I laid flat and sewn on the ruffles the front of the neck and a piece of the collar that I had put aside. I already had many layers of fabric, I had to put a bias on the collar and sew it by hand on the neckline.